|Our a client, a leading international commercial law firm, is currently recruiting for an Employment Lawyer to join their Employment team in Hong Kong.
The role will be exclusively employment work with a focus on workplace data privacy and providing advice and support to clients based in the Asia Pacific region (APAC).
You will be assisting senior associates and partners with their cases, as well as running his or her own matters.
|The Person :
- 4-5 years post qualification experience in Employment Law
- APAC qualified (Australian qualified preferred)
- Have solid Asia Pacific (APAC) and international experience and therefore be able to run their own matters with limited or no supervision;
- Have experience in advising clients on a variety of privacy and data protection matters including data privacy policies/notices;
- Be experienced in preparing data breach protocols, conducting urgent data breach incident management and advising on reporting breaches to the data protection regulator;
- Experienced in managing multi-jurisdiction GDPR policy implementation projects as well as drafting and negotiating international data sharing agreements;
- Have previous experience in dealing with data subject access requests (and other rights requests);
- Be in a position to assist with data protection/privacy audits and extra-European Economic Area (EEA) data transfers.
- Excellent academics
- CIPP/E Certified
|The candidate must have strong analytical ability, a clear communication style (both spoken and written), excellent client handling skills and, above all, must be a team player.