Job Title :Senior Associate Energy, Dublin
Our client, a leading law firm in Dublin, is currently recruiting for a senior associate in Energy to join their Energy and Natural Resources team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established team with a strong reputation in the energy sector; to work on projects with leading international clients; and to further your career in this dynamic growth area. You will be working on some of the largest, most innovative renewable energy projects in the country.
- Manage and lead energy assignments, with a primary focus on wind energy, for domestic and international clients including:
Wind energy developers / owners constructing and operating facilities in the Irish market
Banks / funders financing wind energy projects
- Advising clients on the development, finance and construction of wind energy projects, both on-shore and offshore. This would include drafting and negotiating key project contracts - Power Purchase Agreements, Turbine Supply Agreements, O&M Agreements, Civil & Electrical BoP Contracts (etc)
- Carrying out legal due diligence on wind farm projects on behalf of banks, investors and prospective purchasers
- Advising clients on regulatory and electricity market changes
- Advising clients on planning & development law
- The ideal candidate will have approx. 5 years’ PQE, with experience in wind energy projects gained in another energy / projects practice and / or in-house.
- He or she should have strong organisational and interpersonal skills as well as a good work ethic, energy, enthusiasm and be highly motivated.
- Experience in some or all of the following areas from an energy perspective: projects / construction, project finance, due diligence, corporate, real estate and planning law
- Excellent drafting skills
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Strong Communication Skills
- A calm and measured approach to problem solving
An attractive remuneration package, including salary, bonus, pension and other benefits, reflecting the seniority of the position, will be on offer to the successful candidate.