Job Title :Professional Support Lawyer – Corporate – 4 day week
Our Client a top ranked law firm has an outstanding oportunity for a Professional Support Lawyer for their Corporate practice. This is a full-time role but they will also look at the option to work a 4 day week.
The successful candidate will report into the Head of the Department and will play a significant role in supporting the business in the areas of knowledge, innovation, training and efficiencies. The PSL will provide professional and technical legal support to fee earners within the Corporate department. In addition, as a member of the PSL Faculty, the PSL will collaborate with other PSLs in the firm and with the Knowledge Management (KM) and Learning and Development (L&D) teams on cross-practice and firm-wide initiatives and projects for the benefit of the firm and its clients.
- Knowledge management project – Collect new advices and develop a process around categorising, updating and filing existing advices.
- Precedent update – design and manage a general overhaul of our existing precedents. Update and maintain internal precedents.
- Design, manage and assist in delivery of Group education and training programmes, including:
- Group wide education;
- NQ / PQE / solicitors and associates training and development programme;
- trainee induction,
- ensuring that all Group training is aligned with the firm’s L&D strategy.
- Support firmwide trainee and NQ training programmes, and other firmwide training as requested, including assisting with the design, content and / or delivery of courses.
- Assist in implementation of the L&D strategy, using workshops and other initiatives in Group to embed skills acquired in firmwide training into work practices within the Group.
Knowledge and KM
- Create, maintain, update, collate and manage know how, model documents, templates and practice notes on a Group specific and firmwide basis, working collaboratively within the PSL Faculty to share knowledge, ensure consistency and avoid duplication of effort.
- Monitor and research current and future (horizon scanning) legal, regulatory and market developments and trends, and disseminate updates, analysis and insights on the implications for our practice and our clients, to the Group, PSL Faculty, firm and / or clients, as appropriate.
- Advise on technical queries from the Group, support and guide research, tracking queries to identify knowledge gaps and training needs.
- As a member of the PSL Faculty, contribute to the effective design, implementation and management of the firm’s KM system, knowledge repositories, intranet and other systems for the management and delivery of knowledge within the firm and to our clients.
- Support the Head of KM in the implementation of the KM strategy and KM policy and participate in KM projects and initiatives as requested.
- Assist in promoting a knowledge sharing culture in Group, within the PSL Faculty and across the firm.
Business Development and Thought Leadership
- In conjunction with partners, PSLs and / or others as appropriate, write and co-ordinate production of client updates, articles, horizon scanning reports and other publications.
- Assist with the design, content and / or delivery of client seminars, webinars and training programmes.
- Assist in the design and delivery of innovative value-add services to clients, using our business and legal knowledge to showcase the expertise of the PSL Faculty, including bespoke services for strategic targets and clients.
- Contribute to thought leadership campaigns, which may include writing submissions on policy to government and regulatory bodies, drafting responses to consultations and supporting or participating in industry working groups.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experienced Corporate transactional or Corporate M&A Lawyer who is technically strong or currently in a PSL role in Corporate.
- Minimum 5 years PQE in Corporate with a leading corporate practice is essential.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish credibility, effectively engage with and influence diverse teams of senior individuals.
- Demonstrates commercial focus and business acumen.
- Their remuneration package is one of the most attractive in the market.