Job Title :Financial Services Lawyer, Guernsey
Our client, a leading offshore law firm is currently recruiting for Financial Services Lawyers.
Their Financial Services legal team has earned a reputation for offering technical expertise coupled with commercial awareness and an understanding of our clients desire for prompt response times and a solution-orientated service.
The Guernsey team is expanding and they are looking to recruit enthusiastic and flexible junior to mid-level lawyers. Candidates are required to have good technical skills and a commercial approach, with the ability to think on his or her feet.
Associates enjoy a varied working day, providing legal advice relating to corporate and commercial law, investment funds, general financial services, insurance and reinsurance.
- To provide support to partners and senior associates across a broad range of financial services work
- Advising on regulatory issues
- Performing legal research and analysis
- Checking legal forms/documents for accuracy
- Preparing reports and correspondence
- Drafting a range of legal documents
- Maintaining system based filing systems and managing paperwork (bibles) to ensure all documents are stored appropriately
- Management of own budget to ensure timely billings/collections
- Adhering to all policies, procedures and regulations as required
- Taking responsibility for a wide range of tasks/projects as required by the lawyers/partners in the group
The suitable applicant will have the following:
- Qualification as a lawyer in Ireland / UK / Guernsey
- 2 + PQE in the area of banking and finance law, either in a professional practice or an in - house role.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a workload effectively within deadlines
- A responsible, disciplined and methodical approach and a keen eye for detail
- The ability to use initiative to resolve issues and to work independently with appropriate supervision
- Flexibility and enthusiasm