Job Title :Project Manager, Dublin
Our client, a leading law firm in Dublin is currently recruiting for a Solicitor / Project Manager to join their project management unit.
- Manage and co-ordinate large due diligence and remediation projects across loan and property portfolios and large document review projects
- Assist with the strategic management of the firm’s Projects Management Unit, specifically in the area of Real Estate, Banking/Secured Lending and provide input into the creation, implementation and management of new and innovative workflows on data review projects and into the development of future client/business sector opportunities
- Work with Management and other practice areas within the firm to proactively identify opportunities for the Unit services. This will include: -
- understanding the business areas and work carried on in that practice area;
- and having overall responsibility for the daily management of large scale data projects and directing/managing several projects simultaneously, and being the main point of liaison/interaction with the client and with Partners and Associates in other practice areas.
- Monitor market trends in data review, Artificial Intelligence and/or other related software and liaise with Management to help to identify new business opportunities,
- Maintain a working knowledge of available technology to ensure efficient quality output and to supervise the delivery of clear, professional and supportive feedback to reviewers in order to maintain quality standards.
- Manage direct reports at applicable levels within the Project Management team.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the units Project Specialists, who will offer specific, project-centric assistance in various key areas
- Assist the units Management in preparing for upcoming projects and in defining project scope, goals and deliverables. This will involve liaising with the client and with other fee earners and with various providers in relation to the timing and prioritising of data capture, data review and all applicable project outputs.
- Assist the units Management with general resourcing for pipeline projects and assist with cost estimates and pricing and update the client on pricing.
- Communicate on a regular basis with clients and with the units Management and provide progress reports to clients and to other relevant parties and report on issues arising.
- Work in conjunction with Management to ensure that all timelines on a project are adhered to, identifying resource requirements, estimating timelines and costs and providing appropriate support in these areas.
- Assist Management in ensuring that all protocols, processes and procedures identified during relevant project phases are adhered to and assist with the drafting of such protocols as required.
- Oversee the delivery of all project goals and outputs in accordance with client requirements and often in adherence to tight time schedules.
- Assist Management with the general management of the team and junior lawyers.
- Oversee appropriate performance monitoring and evaluation of junior team members, including identifying issues, monitoring work output levels, ensuring time input is in line with agreed cost models and carrying out performance reviews.
- Oversee and execute a detailed Quality Control system i.e. review of work completed by junior team members, with significant analysis of quality of output across all project teams, with assistance from the units Project Specialists where applicable.
- Oversee and execute all legal and technical training, working with the units Project Specialists to develop and deliver training.
- Qualified solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE working in a legal practice ideally in a large law firm or as part of an in house legal team, preferably in the financial services or property sector
- Specialist legal knowledge and experience in Real Estate or in Banking & Secured Lending essential.
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to co-ordinate and report on large amounts of data across a number of projects.
- Excellent operational planning, organisational / work management skills to get through a heavy workload with the team effectively and efficiently and to manage a large project team.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word applications essential.
- Familiarity with legal technology in a relevant practice area desirable.
- Excellent analytical and interpretative abilities with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. The ability to absorb large amounts of information and present key aspects in a coordinated, user-friendly manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with flexible attitude towards responsibilities
- Ability to research legal issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility, to be proactive and be able to react quickly and with a sense of urgency to project demands.
- Work well under pressure and to tight timelines