Job Title :In – House Corporate Insurance Lawyer, Dublin
Our Client, an International Insurance company, currently has a vacancy in Dublin for a European Corporate Insurance Lawyer. This role is responsible for providing legal support to European capital markets, longevity and reinsurance transactions as well as general regulatory and corporate support for Irish domiciled reinsurers and other affiliated entities in relation to their entry into transactions in Europe.
- Work with international external counsel to consider and provide advice on legal implications of European capital markets, longevity and reinsurance transactions.
- Assist with negotiation of transactions and drafting and providing advice on legal documentation.
- Advise the business on all matters relating to regulatory matters for Irish reinsurers and for other affiliated reinsurers in relation to their European activities.
- Liaise with European reinsurance business personnel and internal legal counsel on European capital markets, longevity and reinsurance transactions, providing high quality, hands-on legal analysis and review.
- If necessary, evaluate, appoint and monitor external solicitors as necessary to ensure cost effective and high-quality advice and service.
- Qualified Solicitor, qualified to practice law in Ireland or UK with significant post qualification experience (2+ years).
- Familiarity with transactional (i.e. corporate) law matters is required.
- Familiarity with insurance regulatory requirements in Ireland and the European Union for Irish domiciled entities is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with reinsurance concepts and experience with European reinsurance transactions and/or swap transactions is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to demonstrate experience of building strong relationships in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make commercial decisions that meet organisation’s and customer’s needs.
- Willingness and ability to work with and learn from internal legal colleagues and develop into a “lead lawyer” for the firm’s European initiatives.