Job Title :Senior In-House Capital Markets Lawyer, Dublin.
Our Client, a Global Financial Services Institution, is currently seeking to recruit a Senior In-House Capital Markets Lawyer. This senior role is responsible for providing legal support to European capital markets, longevity and reinsurance transactions as well as general regulatory and corporate support for Irish domiciled reinsurers and other affiliated entities in relation to their entry into transactions in Europe.
- Consider and provide advice on legal implications of European capital markets, longevity and reinsurance transactions.
- Negotiation of transactions and drafting and providing advice on legal documentation.
- Advise the business on all matters relating to regulatory matters for Irish reinsurers and for other affiliated reinsurers in relation to their European activities.
- Liaise with European reinsurance business personnel and North American internal legal counsel on European capital markets, longevity and reinsurance transactions, providing high quality, hands-on legal analysis and review.
- If necessary, evaluate, appoint and monitor external solicitors as necessary to ensure cost effective and high quality advice and service.
The successful candidate ideally will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister, qualified to practice law in Ireland or UK with 7 + years PQE.
- Must demonstrate a proven background in a variety of capital market structures and transactions, including swaps.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of insurance regulatory requirements in Ireland and the European Union for Irish domiciled entities.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of English, Irish and European Union regulation of capital markets, longevity and reinsurance activities of non-European parties.
- An understanding of reinsurance concepts and experience with European Reinsurance transactions is highly desirable.
- Experience with European pension structures and regulation is highly desirable.
- Significant experience of managing large, complex transactions in a multi-jurisdictional environment is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to demonstrate experience of building strong relationships in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to make commercial decisions that meet organisation’s and customer’s needs.