Job Title :IN-HOUSE Construction/Contracts Lawyer – Munster
Our client is a global Engineering, Procurement, Management & Construction Company. They provide services to End Clients, Project Management & Construction companies, Engineering Procurement & Construction companies and Plant System & Equipment Suppliers.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Construction/Contracts Lawyer to join their team. An element of travel will be involved in this role and the successful candidate will be required to travel to the Middle East and various other Countries from time to time.
- Reviewing and Managing commercial contracts
- Managing litigation cases
- Leading a litigation team and managing claims pursuant to contracts
- Contract review and risk strategy advice including negotiations aimed at mitigating any
- risks identified
- Contract administration in respect of ongoing projects in conjunction with the project site team
- Management of any contractual disputes on projects including final account negotiations
- Qualified Contracts Lawyer with 15+ years pqe in Contract Law and Management
- Experience working on a wide range of Contracts, including EPC, E&C, NEC, FIDIC and other types of contracts
- Sound Legal-Commercial Analytical skills and experience and knowledge of a variety of legal risk mitigation measures
- Excellent understanding of Techno-Commercial aspects of the Contract with the ability to manage both aspects with ease on Projects
- Experience of either having lead or being in a team responsilbe for arbitration and has managed claims pursuant to the contracts
- Strong Project Experience
- The ability to build strong relationships and manage same various stakeholders, including clients, sub-ordinates, peers, Board members and other related entities
- Ability to navigate through various aspects of the Contract with ease.
- Prior experience of working in the Middle Eastern market, particularly Qatar and KSA