Job Title :Head of Legal , Dublin
Our Client is an alternative investment firm based in Dublin.
The company is looking to hire a Head of Legal to lead its legal department in Dublin. The successful candidate will manage a team of 3 lawyers and will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This role will suit someone who has experience within the financial services sector with a good mix of funds, regulatory and compliance and general company/commercial experience and who wants to be part of a management team leading an international investment business.
- Managing all aspects of the legal function within the business
- Liaising with the senior management team and assisting the directors with any legal aspects of the management of the funds
- Dealing with legal queries and advising internal departments on applicable laws and regulations
- Drafting and reviewing fund documentation
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, including ISDAs and investment management agreements with relevant parties
- Reviewing marketing materials for legal and regulatory compliance
- Liaising with the Regulatory Authorities (in Ireland, Malta, Bermuda and the U.S.), responding to their queries, providing regular reports, and ensuring they are aware of any proposed amendments to the funds.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Professional Legal Qualification
- Minimum of 10 years PQE practicing as a funds lawyer
- Experience with derivatives/ISDA/custody/prime brokerage agreement negotiation
- Strong knowledge and experience of Miffed and AIFMD
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills