Job Title : IN-HOUSE COMPANY SECRETARY, DUBLIN
Our client, a leading international not for profit organisation is seeking to recruit a Company Secretary.
Reporting to the Chairman of the Board the successful candidate will provide company secretarial and other corporate services to the organisation and subsidiary companies, ensuring full compliance with all aspects of company legislation in Ireland, the UK and all jurisdictions in which the organisation operates.
The Company Secretary will;
- Ensure that all filings, registration, director changes etc are maintained and kept up to date with the Companies Registration Office and Companies House.
- Act as Company Secretary on subsidiary companies of the Group.
- Attend all board meetings for the Group and its subsidiary companies for the purpose of minute taking.
- Work closely with the CEO and other board members ensuring they are fully informed of any changes in company law filings or other pertinent issues.
- Ensuring compliance with corporate governance guidelines and best practice.
- Managing company database ensuring key information is relevant and current.
- Be responsible for executing lease and other legal documents
- Attend conferences/seminars on company law and ensure that the Group is kept up to date on any developments in this area.
- Ensure that all Bank accounts operated by the Group have up to date mandates and the appropriate mandates
- Assist the Finance Director in supervising the insurance administrator to ensure that insurance policies are up to date and documentation required by the Brokers is provided on a timely basis.
- Prepare for the annual insurance review.
- Advise the Finance Director and the Irish Financial Controllers on tax related issues.
- Be the central point within the group for preparing Irish Corporation Tax (CT) returns for taxable entities within the group for review by external consultants.
- Be available to assist on any queries that may arise from Revenue in relation to taxation matters
- Provide a research facility for general taxation queries arising across the group in Ireland
- Monitor taxation publications and developments for any items that may affect the Group.
- A qualified Company Secretary (ICSA)
- A third level qualification is preferred
- 4-5 years solid experience in a company secretarial role in a leading organisation with a number of entities or a top 10 law firm
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills and used to dealing with Senior Management
- Good IT skills
- Superior organisational and project management skills
- An interest in working for a Not For Profit organisation