Job Title : Corporate/Funds Lawyer, Sydney
Our Client is a leading global law firm with offices spanning all continents.
The firm has a reputation being approachable, progressive and commercially minded. As a global team the firm is regarded for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects, and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients in innovative ways.
The firm is acknowledged as having one of the leading international corporate practices specialising in M&A work and is ranked Tier One in Corporate/M&A by IFLR1000 and APL500. The team has an outstanding track record acting on significant and complex M&A transactions in Australia and internationally.
The firm provides clients with the full range of commercial and corporate advisory services including: joint ventures, acquisitions, divestments and restructuring; commercial agreements; company law and governance; and private equity. The firm has a blue chip client base of domestic and multinational corporates, and acts for a number of private equity, infrastructure and superannuation funds.
The Sydney office is seeking a corporate lawyer who is interested in broadening their skill set to work on both corporate and investment funds matters.
The role offers a unique opportunity to:
- utilise existing corporate skills on a range of corporate matters with an investment funds or financial services flavour, including M&A, infrastructure and property deals
- learn more about the financial services industry in Australia and hone expertise which is relevant to providing legal services to our [first tier] financial services client base
- work with cross group teams on some of the more significant transactions which draw upon the skills and expertise of a wide range of lawyers including those in banking, insolvency, regulatory, property and tax.
The ideal candidate will have had exposure to financial services/wealth management and funds regulation in Australia: however, this is not essential. The successful candidate will be interested in developing additional expertise in financial services and investment management while also continuing to develop broader corporate law skills.
- Drafting and reviewing of legal documents and agreements
- Contributing to department know-how
- Advising clients and preparing formal legal opinions
- Articulating to colleagues and clients the advice being provided and explaining positions taken in relation to commercial negotiations
- Matter completion and post-closing work
- Business development and networking activities
- 2-4 years’ experience gained within a top-tier firm or in-house
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior drafting ability
- A commercial approach and an ability to negotiate effectively
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills
- The ability to be team-focused and also work independently